Saturday, November 6, 2010

Awareness

I feel very calm in prasarita padottanasana. I think this calming affect comes from being upside down in this pose. My head is resting on the floor in the full posture and that rush of blood to the brain makes me feel refreshed and renewed. When I stretch with my breath I can feel the oxygen flowing in through my head and brain and it's very invigorating. I can also feel the stretch in my back as a lean forward to lead with my heart center. I spend so much of my day sitting in desks or walking around with my backpack on and that ruins my posture. Being able really stretch from the core in - through the back is a nice change and i can feel the muscles stretching and opening up. After i come up and out of this posture i stand up straighter and I can feel that improve circulation through out my whole upper body.

No comments:

Post a Comment